Within24 recognizes the importance of privacy and recognizes the sensitivity of personal information received by us in the course of our business. We recognize our obligation to maintain the confidentiality of our clients’ information and recognize our obligations concerning the personal information of all individuals that we collect, use or disclose in the course of our operations. This policy has been developed with those obligations in mind.
III. Consent to the Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
IV. Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
Where practical, we endeavor to collect personal information directly from the person to whom the information pertains. When necessary, we will collect personal information from other sources.
By retaining this organization for delivery services, you consent to our necessary collection, use or disclosure of your personal information to properly provide the requested product.
It is also our policy to collect personal information about individuals other than our clients in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act of Alberta (“PIPA”).
When we collect, use or disclose personal information, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate and complete.
Specifically, Within24 collects the following personal information:
- Contact information, such as names, addresses, e-mail addresses and personal telephone numbers.
- Proof of identity, such as signatures.
- Financial and billing information, such as credit card details and credit history.
- “Cookies” – small parcels of text that are sent from our server to your computer to record your personal preferences when visiting our Website and App.
Within24 only uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing services such as pick-up, delivery, logistic services, arrangement of customs brokerage services, and tracking shipment statuses through online shipment tracking applications, telephone or e-mail.
- Billing customers and verifying credit, identities, and producing invoices.
- Managing client accounts.
- Communicating new products and services, special offers, promotions, and service tips by e-mail and completing market studies to help develop, promote and manage products and services.
- Meeting requirements imposed by law such as assisting law enforcement agencies, collecting debts owed to Within24 and protecting Within24’s business interests.
Within24 will not disclose your personal information to any individual or organization unless it falls into one of the following categories:
- It is required under by law that the information be disclosed;
- You have consented to Within24 disclosing such information by creating an account or requesting information about a specific product or service or in any other way;
- The disclosure of such information is to any third party organization we have hired to fulfill a role in our operations, such as our back-up server providers, our credit card payment processor, transportation companies or local pick-up and delivery agents and any other organization or independent contractor that Within24 has hired;
- We may disclose personal information in the circumstance that Within24 is involved in a “business transaction” as defined in PIPA – a transaction consisting of the purchase, sale, lease, merger or amalgamation or any other type of acquisition or disposal of, or the taking of security interest in respect of Within24 or any portion of Within24 or its business activities. Within24 further vows to disclose only the minimal amount of personal information that may be necessary in a particular situation and furthermore, will require the utmost discretion in doing so.
- Within24 will not sell or in any way transfer your individual personal information to any external marketing firm or other organization for any reason without your consent.
V. Security of Personal Information
We recognize both the importance and necessity of protecting the personal information of our clients. We recognize as well our legal obligations to protect the personal information we have collected about our clients and other individuals during business. We have therefore made arrangements to secure against the unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction of personal information.
VI. Requests for Access to Personal Information
PIPA and PIPEDA permit individuals to access records containing their personal information, subject to certain exceptions set out in the legislation. We will respond to requests in the time allowed by the legislation,and we will make a reasonable effort to assist applicants to respond as accurately and completely as reasonably possible. All requests may be subject to any fees and disbursements the law permits us to charge.
VII. Request for Correction of Personal Information
The law permits individuals to submit written requests to us to correct errors or omissions in their personal information that is in our custody or control. We will:
- Correct the personal information and, if reasonable to do so, send correction notifications to any other organizations to whom we disclosed the incorrect information; or
- Decide not to correct the personal information, but annotate the personal information that a correction was requested but not made.
VIII. Communications by Email
E-mail is not a secure, confidential method of communicating your confidential and personal information with us. We will not use e-mail to send personal or confidential information unless you authorize this form of communication and accept all the inherent risks associated with this type of communication. By providing us with your email address or by contacting us by email, you shall be deemed to have consented to this form of communication.
Within24 will send to its customers or other parties’ commercial electronic messages from time to time. These messages include surveys, invitations, market studies, and messages relating to its new products, services, special offers, promotions, contests and service tips. As required by law Within24 will obtain express consent before sending messages, which include an option to unsubscribe. Once a recipient has unsubscribed, within ten business days Within 24 will no longer send commercial electronic messages to the email address used to unsubscribe. In the case of multiple email addresses, each email address must be unsubscribed from our list. Once an unsubscribe request is completed, email messages from Within24 that do not fall within the definition of “commercial electronic messages” such as email messages related to the creation of a shipment or management of a user’s account may be received.
IX. Withdrawing Consent
Consent to further use, retention or disclosure of their personal information to Within24 may be withdrawn with reasonable notice, subject to legal to contractual restrictions. Consent may be withdrawn by contacting Within24 at support@Within24.ca. We will inform the person withdrawing his or her consent of the implications of doing so.
XI. Contact Information & Resources
If you have any questions concerning our policies concerning the handling of your personal information, or if you wish to request access to, or correction of, your personal information under our care and control, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
823-216 Crown RD NW
Canada, T6J 2E3
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of your personal information, we invite you to contact our Privacy Officer in writing, setting out the reasons for your concern. If, after our Privacy Officer has reviewed and responded to your concern, you remain dissatisfied, you may wish to contact the Privacy Commissioner at:
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta
410, 9925-109th Street
Edmonton, Alberta, T5K 2J8
Telephone: (780) 422-6860
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street
Place de Ville
Tower B, 3rd Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 1H3